Features / Interviews - 2002-2003
* MidniteMusic.net - Pimp Tea Interview - "My last seven years of doing reviews and interviews for The Brunswickan, HipHopCanada.com and other magazines have landed me sitting alongside people like Swollen Members, Buck 65, Classified, Rascalz, Choclair, and a bunch of others." - 22 Dec 2003
* St. Thomas University Journalism - Fredericton, NB - Fredericton's one and only, Pimp-T - "Troy Neilson first tasted success when he spoofed Vanilla Ice's 'Ice Ice Baby' in 1995 for a bonus chemistry assignment." - carole Morris - 8 October 2003.
* New Maryland Community News - New Maryland, NB - Charters Settlement Rapper Gets Recognition - Gary Boole - June 2003
* The Northside News - Fredericton, NB - Fredericton Rapper Gets Recognition - Gary Boole - read interview - 17 April 2003
* The Dairy Creamer (Brunswickan Spoof Issue) - Fredericton, NB - UNB Home to Vanilla Ice Wannabe - "UNB’s own PIMP-T may be a Vanilla Ice wannabe, but he’s still got dance moves flyer than MC Hammer." - P. Titty - 4 April 2003.
* The Daily Gleaner - Fredericton, NB - Local Bands' CDs display Fredericton scene's diversity - "Power Is Mindful Peace manages to succeed in two of the genre's strengths. It is funky and listenable, and his words in many songs have wisdom and strength. It is a considerable achievement." - Wilfred Langmaid - 15 March 2003
* The Coast - Halifax, NS - Computer Nerd by Day, Ironic Rapper by Night - "So, is PIMP-T the next east coast star? It's certainly in the bloodline. Neilson just happens to be the great grand-nephew of the biggest star ever to emerge from New Brunswick, fiddling legend Don Messer." - Bob Ellis - 20 February 2003
* The Daily Gleaner - Fredericton, NB - Three Local ECMA Winners not out of the Question - "Pimp-T will get deserved exposure as a result of this weekend will likely lead to him being snapped up by a major label and having his career go to the next level." - Wilfred Langmaid - 15 February 2003
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - More than just Fiddles and Bagpipes - "However, while Neilson is very enthusiastic about his nomination, he has not let it go to his head. He maintains a grounded attitude and rather takes pride in knowing that he is up against other artists he admires." - Patrick Reinartz - 14 February 2003
* The Daily Gleaner - Fredericton, NB - Our Local Nominees... - Heather Cyr - 12 February 2003
* Inkwell Media - Pimp Tea Feature with Interview - "...Thinking for one's self is one of the best traits that you can possibly possess. So you might say that I'm providing my listeners with enlightenment. Open your mind and let your conscious be free..." - 2 Dec 2002
* HipHopCanada.com - Pimp Tea Interview - "More than anything I just wanted to make an album that was fun. Just pure fun. That in itself could be considered different nowadays." - 16 Oct 2002
Radio Play - Power Is Mindful Peace; compilations: 506 & Rock Pile
* CHSR 97.9FM - Fredericton, NB - '506 - New Brunswick Compilation' peaked at # 8 for 23 Jan - 30 Jan 2004 (Chart Attack).
* CHMA - Sackville, NB - On-Air Interview with Foo & choo on 'Ya Heard' - 16 Jan 2004.
* CHSR 97.9 FM - Fredericton, NB - On-Air Interview with Jon Cleveland on 'Noonhour Lunchbox' - 16 Jan 2004.
* NewMusicCanada.com DJs - Christina Dunkley - 'Tha PIMP-T Theme (Live sur MusiquePlus)' - #5 on playlist - 4 Dec 2003.
* CHSR 97.9FM - Fredericton, NB - 'Horseshoes & Handgrenades' Compilation peaked at # 1 for 17 Oct - 5 Dec 2003 (Chart Attack).
* CKCU 93.1FM - Ottawa, ON - 'Horseshoes & Handgrenades' Compilation peaked at # 12 for 1 Nov - 21 Nov 2003 (Chart Attack).
* NewMusicCanada.com - CBC - 'Tha PIMP-T Theme (Nevski video remix)' & 'Petty Crime' - Hip-Hop Charts: peaked at # 1 & # 6 nationally - 16 Nov 2003.
* CKTP 95.7 FM - The Beat - Fredericton, NB - One-hour sit-in with Pretty Kit - Interview - 15 July 2003.
* CBC "Information Morning" - Fredericton, NB - Interview regarding ECMA Nomination - 13 Feb 2003.
* The Zone - WHFR 89.3 FM - Detroit, Michigan - Interview with Origix & D.C. - 21 Dec 2002.
* DigYourRoots.ca - Hip-Hop - 'No Production Budget' finalist for National Urban Compilation - 9 Dec 2002
* CHUO 89FM - Ottawa, ON - Song play with call in chat with Jon - 29 Nov 2002.
* CKTP 95.7 FM - The Beat - Fredericton, NB - One-hour sit-in with Pretty Kit - Interview - 13 Nov 2002.
* CFUV 101.9 FM - Victoria, BC - 'Power Is Mindful Peace' peaked at # 6 on Urban Charts for 4 Oct - 8 Nov 2002 (Chart Attack).
* CHSR 97.9FM - Fredericton, NB - 'Power Is Mindful Peace' peaked at # 4 on Urban Charts for 4 Oct - 1 Nov 2002 (Chart Attack).
* CKDU 97.5 FM - Halifax, NS - on The Maple Mothership - 'No Production Budget' - Oct. 2002
* The Beat 94.5 FM - Vancouver, BC - on Star Makers - 'Tha PIMP-T Theme' & 'Power Is Mindful Peace' - Oct-Nov 2002 (BDS Station).
* Crotia Radio 100.5 MHZ - DJ Jigida - 'Pissed Off' single - # 36 on playlist - Oct 2002
* CHSR 97.9FM - Fredericton, NB - On-Air Interview with DJ STV - 15 Sept 2002
* CFUR 88.7FM - Prince George, BC - 'Power Is Mindful Peace' peaked at # 1 on Hip-Hop Chart for 25 Aug - 21 Sept 2002
* CHSR 97.9FM - Fredericton, NB - 'Petty Crime EP' peaked at # 7 on Hip-Hop Charts for 14 July 2002
Show Reviews - 2000-2003
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - Random Prevails at Elk's Club - "Although not officially awarded a prize, the local rapper was definitely winner of "most hilarious performance," keeping one of the biggest crowds of the day in stitches with his tongue-in-cheek rapping and fly dance moves." - Nathan White - 4 April 2003.
* GreatWhiteNoise.ca - Fredericton, NB - Freddy's Rock Pile Night #1 - "Backup dancer Rory Borealis kept us glued with a bag of tricks that was equal parts sideshow schtick and performance art." - Fox 105.3 FM - 17 March 2003.
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - Memories of a Deleted Scene: Director's Cut - "PIMP-T had the audience grooving to his original beats." - Jennifer Jenka - 14 March 2003.
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - Hip Hop Breakdances into Ballroom - "PIMP-T's original dance moves wowed the crowd. He rightfully earned the title of most entertaining performer." - Samantha Robichaud - 15 Nov 2002
* The ShanMonster Page - Electrobash Episode III - "PIMP-T's very entertaining! I had a great laugh at his exaggerated hiphop rapping and naughty dancing. If you ever have an opportunity to see him, and you're not a prude, check him out." - Shantell Powell - 11 Aug 2002
* Northside News - Fredericton, NB - CHSR FM Battle of the Bands - "The other bands that drew a strong audience reaction were Pimp T and the Funky Punk, who got extra points for originality and costume design,..." - Gary Boole - 23 March 2002
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - The Breaks: A Hip Hop Experience - "ILLLOGIC, First Words, Tech Thai, Pimp-T were all amazing MC's..." - Timothy Pointer - 28 Sept 2001
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - Criminal Records 'Jail Break' Hip Hop Venue was a Bust - Troy Neilson - 14 Sept 2001
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - Totem & Pimp-T Bring Down the House - "Da Pimp, really rocked the crowd, probably because of his stylish dance moves and his lightning fast lyrics. Pimp-T is always an audial treat." - Andrew Culberson - 3 Nov 2000
Album Reviews - Power Is Mindful Peace
* Space Junkies Magazine - "This music sounds like it stepped out of some dark closet from the 1960's yet it has a fresh upbeat dj-styled flare to it that makes it unique." 8/10 - Wednesday Elektra - November 2003
* The Coast - "Power Is Mindful Peace is an interesting album, featuring tongue-in-cheek lyrics which rib the current state of hip-hop while at the same time embracing aspects of the culture, provoking much thought, and giving listeners a different perspective on the genre." - Jon Bruhm - 3 July 2003
* PHASE9 Entertainment - "Canadian Pimp-T aka Troy Neilson not only takes the basic but funky approach to hip hop from yester-year, he also injects a sense of fun with some positive lyrics." - EDF - read review - June 2003
* UndergroundBeatOnline.net - "This album is great for fans of underground hip-hop, Djing, working the turntables, and people who like to get down to the beat of things — which is grooveful and funky." - Aaris - read review - February 2003
* Zzaj Prodz - " From a tech/musical standpoint, he rips it UP! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for listeners who dig th' beatz & don't mind laughin' at themselves a bit." - Rotcod Zzaj - 26 January 2003
* Atlantic Seabreeze - "For all the hip-hop rap fans, this CD will certainly be a winner and perhaps even attract all those non-rap fans." - John Gavin - read review - 6 January 2003
* The Original Sin - Belgium - "This music is based on old school beats that are combined with lo-fi rock... For all the cynics among you who might think you are going to hear a silly record...it’s not. It’s just seen through some other perspectives, perspectives that are beyond the clichés. - Didier Becu - 28 December 2002
* YBFREE.com - "(PIMP-T) created a truly groundbreaking CD... In today's age of bling bling, guns, girls and sex, PIMP-T is a breath of fresh air. Besides great beats and funky sounds, PIMP-T revives the old school sound with fresh, freaky attempts that are fun. There is just something very infectious about PIMP that leaves the listener nodding." - Jon Minners - read review - 4 Dec 2002
* Music Morsels - "From the Province of New Brunswick comes one of the more avant-garde and enlivened forces in hip-hop/rap in quite awhile. ... The subject matter (...) hits the right note about topical subjects with intelligence and a nice poetic flow. The backdrop has solid beats and well-composed electronic programming, giving the music a kind of peaceful intensity." - read review - 1 Dec 2002
* Inkwell Media - "PIMP-T has a strong album based on his different approach which can be appreciated among the staleness of Hip-Hop." - David Medina - 14 Oct 2002
* All Music Guide - "Far from just another run-of-the-mill rapper, Pimp-T defies the connotations his moniker no doubt incites, instead wowing listeners with his thoughtful rhymes and laudable ideology." - Jason Birchmeier - read review - 14 Oct 2002
* The Reader - New Brunswick - "The city's new champion of hip hop is PIMP-T... Produced by a posse of likeminded cohorts, PIMP-T gives us a disc of raps and beats full of the positive, with the message that there's power in peaceful actions... the beats are right-on, and so is the sentiment." - Bob Mersereau - read review - 28 Sept 2002
* The McGill Daily - Montreal, PQ - "Power Is Mindful Peace is some real fun. Spooky tribe-like beats, with non-agressive and unassuming MC's... It’s chill, like I just ordered a banana split all to myself..." - Cibby Pulikkaseril - 16 Sept 2002
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - "It was refreshing to hear an album that wantonly bounces back and forth between comedy and sobriety in such an uncalculating manner. Everything about this album is quite daring, and if you want to go out on a limb and see where it will take you, this one is not to be missed." - 4 out of 5 - Patrick Reinartz - read review - 13 Sept 2002
* ADDreviews.com - "The uniquely delivered Pimp-T persona works well over good production ...Worth checking." - 3 out of 5 - Laze - read review - 8 Sept 2002
* Dal Gazette - Halifax, NS - "We can't stop listening to it. Reminiscent of early work by Canadian hip-hoppers Len (pre-Steal My Sunshine pop fluff)... If you can find it, get it and hold on tight." - Malcolm Repo Kempt - 5 Sept 2002
Album Reviews - Rock Pile & 506 Compilations
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - 506 Compilation - "Songs by Gary Flanagan of Quispamsis and Fredericton's Pimp Tea stand out as the most unusual contributions, breaking away from the rest of the comp's guitar-based rock formula." - Patrick Reinartz - read review - 7 April 2004
* The Aquinian - Freddy's Rock Pile Compilation - "local rapper PIMP-T is prominent on the album with his first single 'Super Dude'" - Jennifer Clarke - 19 November 2003
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - Freddy's Rock Pile Presents: HorseShoes & HandGrenades CD Review - Patrick Reinartz - read review - 3 Sept 2003
Show Promos - 2001-2003
* ChartAttack.com - Canada - Atlantic Buzz: Buzz Bands Headed East - "Rap master PIMP-T will be unleashing some news beats and celebrating the return of his trusty sidekick Rory Borealis at The Elks Club in Fredericton, alongside Fixxion and Freaky Scene." - 24 October 2003
* TVHebdo.com - Montreal, PQ - Journée Dollaraclip - " Plusieurs grands noms seront de nouveau en vedette dès 12h30 samedi: D-Natural, Pimp T, Denis Martel et autres Francoboys." - May 2003
* The Brunswickan - Fredericton, NB - CHSR set to Celebrate National Hip Hop Week - Photo of Pimp Tea with article - Troy Neilson - 14 Sept 2001
Other - 2002-2003
* TheCyberkrib.com - Hip Hop in Halifax: Potential and Politics - Emily Mills - 9 April 2003
* Telegraph-Journal - Saint John, NB - 16 N.B. artists in the running for ECMAs - Grant Kerr - 13 February 2003
* The Reader - New Brunswick - 10 Acts that Rocked the Province - "He's really Troy Neilson, computer whiz and masters student at UNB, the definition of a geeky white guy... The whole shtick started out as a gag, goofing off with the clothes and gangsta lyrics. But Troy's gaining confidence and fans, and he's realized he has a message about peace to get out. And he's got the music in him, too. After all, he's Don Messer's great-grand nephew." - Bob Mersereau - 28 December 2002.